Strategy of the Ministry of Equipment and Transport
As part of the development of an integrated policy for the development of different modes of transport, the Ministry of Equipment and Transport has made significant progress in the development of transport infrastructure: roads, highways, railways, airports and ports, it also made a breakthrough in the reform of liberalization and introduction of competition in the various modes of transport and improving the quality of service in addition to the fight against the economy annuity.
And to ensure continuity following an innovative approach, the Department has adopted a new strategy for the period 2012-2016, taking into account the guidelines of the government program, such as the competitiveness of the national and regional economy, integrated and harmonious development balanced transport infrastructure, pursuing an aggressive investment policy with complementary modes of transport and the promotion of intermodal transport as well as the adjustment of the planning, programming and funding, in addition to increase the level of supply and quality of services.
1. Institutional reforms.
The Ministry of Works and Transport has worked in institutional reform for the management of several provisions which we quote:
- Restructuring of several services and facilities belonging to the transport sector
- Standardization and organization of the sector with the preparation of national and regional mobility plans.
- Development of contract programs with some operators in several areas which we quote: maritime, aviation, construction .....
- Establishment of the Moroccan Agency for the Development of Logistics competitiveness (AMDL)
- Open on private sector investment in basic infrastructure, operation of facilities, the provision of service.
2. Regulatory reforms.
Under the Government program, which provides the government's commitment to put in place a legislative level, the Ministry of Equipment and Transport has prepared its legislative program in a consultative approach in coordination with the various departments, public institutions and companies under the Ministry.
Also, the Department has developed a regulatory plan include draft decrees and decisions that the Department plans to submit for approval to the proper guidance in the regulatory field.
In this context, six bills have been filed for approval among 21 bills proposed in the legislative plan of the Ministry under the year 2013.
3. Basic infrastructure.
For the implementation of this axis and the continuation of its efforts for the success of the policy of major projects, the Ministry took several steps in different sectors are cited as an example:
Roads and Road Transport
Areas of Road Sector Development
The development and modernization of roads and highways is a real lever for economic development and regional and local integration and effective contribution to attract investment, create jobs, enhance the space and solve the problem of road safety. To achieve these objectives, the Ministry of Equipment and Transport ensures :
- The connection of the major economic and residential centers ,
- Support the development of mobility and traffic
- The complementarity and coherence between the roads, highways and expressways
- The opening up of rural and mountainous areas as well as the development and enhancement of territories
Motorway Sector: Strategic Objectives
The length of the highway opened to traffic network is 1416 km, so the Department has scheduled the completion of 384 km in the complementary blueprint highways to reach 1800 km of motorways by 2015.
Among the objectives set in the strategy of the Department include:
- The update of the 2nd National Motorway Reinforcement Plan ( SAAN2 ) in 2030 which aims to provide the kingdom of new motorway lines
- A review of studies of some new sections of the motorway network.
- The Development of a new contract program in the highway sector and opening up to the private sector.
- Completed approximately 300 km expressway ( Taza- Al Hoceima , Nador Oujda- ..... ) and after 300 km of new expressways.
- Study of major road projects: Tunnel Tichka bypass the East and South of the Atlas mountain range, upgrading of National Highway No. 1 between Tiznit Gargarat ....
- Completion of the second national rural roads program in 2014 through the construction of about 2,500 km of roads and access.
- Development of a new rural roads program in partnership with local authorities and government departments.
Railways and Rail Transport
To support the development of economic and social sectors of the Kingdom and meet customer expectations and economic actors, the department works to achieve a qualitative leap in the field of rail transport through:
- Have a functioning modern network
- Improved rail product and offer more attractive services
- Improve profitability, competitiveness and efficiency of production mechanisms
The strategic objectives of the rail industry and rail transport include:
- Complete line of railway high-speed train Tangier - Casablanca and conducting studies of the line high-speed train to Marrakech
- Expansion and modernization of railways ( to Beni Mellal and Tetouan )
- Upgrading and development of existing rail network
- Modernization of railway stations
- Study of development of regional rail lines in major urban areas such as Casablanca, Tangier, Tetouan , Marrakech , Agadir , Oujda, Fez etc ......
- Development of rail logistics areas (Realization of the first tranches of rail logistics areas Mita Zenata , Fez, Marrakech and Tangier..
- New rail line between Tangier and Kenitra on a linear 200 km and an operating speed of 320 km / h
- Railway Equipment: railways, signaling equipment and power lines.
- A Purchase of high speed trains and construction of maintenance of high-speed trains in Tangier.
Port and Maritime Transport
Le The Ministry of Works and Transport has allocated during 2012 particularly important for developing the national port landscape, he continued the implementation of port projects and new projects. Also, the Department has also worked to ensure the safety of shipping along the coast of the Kingdom and to protect the environment. Along with this, he continued to general and technical education.
In this context, and after the great achievements experienced by Morocco, in particular the significant results generated by the series of reform of the port sector and after the success of the process of creation of Tangier-Med Port on the international and regional levels, our country may have a new vision based on consolidating the gains and strengthening port strategy by adopting a constructive approach to a full participatory involvement of stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
Morocco to provide the modern and developed ports and constituting a main lever to strengthen the position of Morocco as an important logistics hub in the Mediterranean this strategy aims , and is now a powerful tool for strengthening the economic competitiveness national and contribution in the development of national planning and regional development.
This strategy is characterized by the concept of port hub will allow each of the regions of the Kingdom to promote its strengths, resources and infrastructure and benefit from the economic dynamism generated by the ports and participate in economic and social development . Based on this approach, six major areas were identified: Cluster port of Oriental,
- Port Pole Northwest
- Port hub Kenitra - Casablanca
- Port cluster Doukkala Abda
- Port cluster Souss- Tensift
- Port South Pole.
The new port strategy aims to:
- Improving the competitiveness of the supply chain
- Provide strategic extended
- Follow the economic changes
- Give the port component the ability to adapt with the changes provincial and international
- allow him to take advantage of geo-strategic opportunities that will be granted in the future.
Thus, this port strategy focuses on :
- Construction of new ports
- Completed major expansion projects
- Integration of ports in the urban environment.
Airports and Air Transport
To support the ambitious tourism policy "Vision 2020", the Ministry of Equipment and Transport adopts a proactive strategy for aviation, and this through:
- Strengthening the status of the airport in Casablanca - Mohammed V, as international air hub to and from Central and West Africa ;
- Continued effort airport infrastructure development under the new director of airports scheme , which will help determine the horizons of development of each airport and sustain its competitiveness , as well as airport infrastructure needs in the medium and long term (2020 and 2030) ;
- The signing of two agreements with two companies specializing in the aviation industry ;
- Promoting internal air transport by developing airport capacity and enhancement of the airport public domain.
Development of Logistics Competitiveness
The development of logistics industry, which is necessitating a priority to improve the competitiveness of the national economy, depends on:
- rehabilitation of logistics services;
- liberalization of transport modes (road, rail, sea, air) ;
- The realization of major projects and the development of transport infrastructure (ports, roads and highways, railways, airports).
To achieve these objectives, the Ministry of Equipment and Transport has set up an ambitious plan includes several provisions which mainly accelerating the pace of development of a logistics strategy through the implementation of the first tranche of the national network of logistics areas amounting to 3,300 hectares to 2030, while promoting the emergence of logistics contractors and providing logistics services of high quality. On the other hand, the development of this sector will reduce logistics costs in Morocco, to accelerate the growth of gross domestic product , thanks to the growth in value added and contribution to sustainable development by reducing negative effects of the flow of goods.
4. Safety and security of transport
Organizational and legislative level, the transport sector has been the implementation of several provisions including:
Road transport :
- Completion of road rehabilitation related to security for the period 2011-2013 ( 120 blackheads treatment , construction of 30 km of seawalls , 120 km of bike lanes ) ;
- Improved road safety through the implementation of the 2011-2013 emergency plan and integrated strategic plan to 2016.
- The acceleration of the elimination of level crossings ( 118 crossings in 2015) ;
- The continuation of the program of modernization of equipment and facilities of the safety and security ;
- Updating the system of safety management and the safety and strengthening the regulatory arsenal ;
- The implementation of the various plans safety and security.
The Ports and Shipping :
The strengthening of safety and security in ports and along the Moroccan coast (operation of a set of technical control systems: MARIS, HAZMAT, LRIT, VTS,);
The improvement of maritime laws in the field of safety and security..
Airports and Air Transport :
- Rehabilitation of Moroccan laws in the field of aviation safety ;
- The strengthening of monitoring and improving the level of system the safety of civil aviation ;
- The implementation of a training program in the field of the safety and security of civil aviation ;
- Program execution airport certification.
5. Economic Activities Accompanying the Sector
To accompany the transport and logistics and adapt to the new needs of Moroccan and regional market, the Department attached great importance to economic activities accompanying the sector through:
- The development of regional service centers in the various modes of transport (road, rail , sea and air ) and in the processing industry and construction materials ;
- The development of a national industrial base in the field of maintenance on the transport and transfer of expertise to neighboring countries...
6. Development of Public and Careers
To enable people, located near major infrastructure, access to social amenities generating income, great importance has been allocated to career enhancement and in the public domain in all transport sectors, and through the creation some of the projects which we quote:
- Construction of a parking lot for trucks next to the station Zenâta logistics ;
- Rehabilitation of schools and community centers near highways ;
- Spaces and commercial markets at railway stations ;
- Offers real estate in the form of offices and meeting rooms for seminars and train stations ;
- Study the possibility of a part of the public domain airports available to investors in order to create a network of complex and modern shopping centers near airports;
- Construction of a new parking garage for cars at Mohammed V Airport.
On the work plan for the improvement and modernization of career management, the Department proposed a set of procedures and regulations to improve the operation of quarries based on three main axes system:
- Simplification of procedures for obtaining permission to open and quarrying ;
- Protection of the environment;
- Greater control to meet the content specifications.
Sector Construction and public works
In this context, the Ministry has planned several actions that can be summarized as follows:
- Completion of the strategic study on the development of engineering and construction company for the conclusion of the second contract program aimed to have companies with a more competitive and productive wealth , citizens , even to meet domestic needs and can open new horizons abroad by exporting its services;
- Restructuring of the qualification system , classification of companies, consultancies ;
- The principle of priority of national companies in the bidding ;
- Deepening of the reflection in the possibility of creating national leading companies in the field of construction which participate in the state and the private sector and able to compete with large companies ( Chinese , Turkish , Egyptian , ... ) to inside and outside of Morocco and especially in the countries of the Arab Maghreb and African countries ;
- Conducting a study of restructuring of site inspections and laboratory organization to meet the requirements of safety and quality in the implementation of various projects and the development and tissue organization of the workers in this field. This study also aims to assess the feasibility of creating a national public board to oversee and ensure the compliance, control principles and experiments performed by the actors.
Human Resources and Training
The increase in training needs in the areas of transportation, construction and public works locally, regionally and internationally in relation to current training offerings requires a restructuring of the education system in most of these professions. In this context, it cites as an example:
- The development of a regional training center in the field of railways in partnership with the French railway company, open to countries in Africa and the Middle East;
- Activation of the national strategy for the development of logistics activities, especially in the field of rehabilitation and training of human resources in the areas of transport and logistics ;
- The launch of a regional training center in the fields of aviation, navigation and operation of airports and related fields that opens to African countries. Trades training include drivers, state engineers, professional license, Master.....
Financing and Public-Private Partnership
Given the current state of macro - economic and national public finances characterized by:
- The increase in the budget deficit caused by higher compensation expense ;
- The trade deficit reducing savings in foreign currencies;
- Expectations about the situation of the pension fund;
- Possible difficulties in raising funds by borrowing, both domestically and internationally.
The Department has worked to:
- Open new horizons to specific financing major infrastructure , including the strengthening of partnerships with the private sector in financing , implementation , operation of these structures and related services;
- Open workshops to review the tax system related to the transport sector and basic amenities as well as propose a new system for Morocco to achieve a qualitative leap in the field of transport and logistics.
Evolution in the volume of investments
||Investment volume in billions of Dirhams